Price: Ksh 0 per person
5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Odyssey
Have you ever visited Rwanda? If not, consider adding it to your bucket list. Rwanda is a small country located in East Africa and is known for its gorillas. A visit to Rwanda would only be complete with a gorilla trek. The Gorilla trek is an amazing experience. You will get to encounter these gentle giants up close and personal in their natural habitat. Trekking also helps support the local community as the fees go towards conservation efforts. If you're looking for an amazing African odyssey, then make sure to add Rwanda to your list!
- Meet and Greet
- All airport transfers and assistance
- Accommodation in Kigali on Bed and Breakfast
- Accommodation on safari on a Full board basis
- Private transport in a 4×4 Safari Landcruiser
- Services of an English / Bi-lingual speaking driver-guides
- Visit to the Kings Palace and Butare National Museum.
- Park and conservation fee to all visit locations
- Bottled drinking water while trekking and in the vehicle
- All taxes on the services quoted above
- Meals and beverages other than specified.
- Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
- Gratuities to drivers/guides and other conveyance attendants.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature, such as drinks, telephone calls ETC
- Cancellation/Interruption insurance.
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions listed above.
Day 1: Kigali- Nyungwe National Park
On your arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by our representative, who will transfer you to Nyungwe forest National Park. Drive southeast, visiting the Murambi genocide memorial site and Nyanza King’s palace. Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
Day 2: Chimps Tracking and Canopy Walk
After breakfast, you will assemble at the Nyungwe Forest Park offices to be briefed on the chimpanzee tracking expedition. You will encounter other wildlife species along the trek, like velvet monkeys and baboons. Enjoy a full hour with the chimpanzees observing their behaviour and taking pictures before returning to the starting point for your journey back to the Lodge. In the afternoon, depart for a guided Canopy walk. Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Proceed to Volcanoes National Park in Musanze province after breakfast. As we head to the Park, the breathtaking views of the rolling hills and green vegetation are our backdrop.
Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
Day 4: Mountain Gorilla Trekking and Iby’wacu Cultural Center
Have an early morning breakfast and assemble at the Kinigi park offices for a morning briefing on the trekking guidelines, after which we begin the trekking. Normally, it takes about 30 minutes to several hours to encounter the mountain gorillas. Enjoy an hour with them before returning to the starting point where Certificates of Participation are issued before retrieving to our Lodge for lunch. Later in the afternoon, proceed to the Iby’wacu Cultural tour for a clearer understanding of the Rwandese Culture. Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
Day 5: Return to Kigali and Departure
After breakfast, depart for Kigali. Once in Kigali, engage in a City Tour, visiting the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Site, National Museum, and many other exceptional tourist centres within the city before dropping off at the airport for your departure flight.